Monday, February 28, 2011

Dream - Plato's Bed

After waking from my dream of past dreams involving two eating streets and the restaurants I ate at in past dreams (see below), I fell back to sleep and had this dream.

I was at my computer and suddenly the screen was filled with a 3D image of the earth traveling through space. The earth was small, but I could see all the continents and the cloud cover over certain countries in Africa and Europe. Beautiful, of course, enchanting, so enchanting I felt drawn forward toward the receding earth. Then I fell into the computer and found myself flying serenely, slowly, then quickly, in wide arcs as I pursued the earth.

Then I fell into an intense light, down a long spinning tunnel, filled with light, yet I could still see clearly out into star-filled space. At first I was frightened, then I felt calm, then I thought, "Suppose God's there waiting to judge me, I don't think I'll get off easy." Then I basically felt, "So what, let it be."

Then I was gently deposited on a big, wonderfully comfortable bed floating out there in space. With surprise and delight, I said aloud, "Wow, this must be Plato's Bed, the big bed form in the sky. So this is where I'll die. Not bad."

Then I heard a voice saying, with some impatient, "Get over it, you're just waking up." And I did, I woke up, in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment